Watch the documentary ‘Advance Australian Film’ (embedded above and available on the DMC Drive) and complete the following activities:
- What is your personal relationship with Australian film? What is the last Australian film you saw at the cinema? What’s your favourite Australian film of all time and why?
- Create a timeline of the Australian Film Industry, which includes important events, release years of Australian films and Australian film ‘periods’.
- What is your view about the current state of Australian film? Use quotes from the documentary to substantiate your opinion.
- Discuss the four main challenges that currently face Australian cinema.
- What are the opportunities for Australian filmmakers in the future of film?
- What are some ideas that the interviewees give about how to strengthen the Australian film industry? Which do you think would be most impactful?