Read the article ‘How I get to choose what you watch on television: the ratings explained‘, and answer the following questions:
1. With reference to the article, what was used in the early days to record ratings? How did these work?
2. Do some research on the OzTAM website to find out how many weeks per year are considered to be ratings period. What do you, as a television viewer, notice happens to television content when it is not a ratings period?
3. How exactly does OzTAM measure ratings?
4. How do you become involved in measuring the ratings? What do you get for it?
5. What is the main reason why commercial tv networks would want to know who is watching their television programs?
6. What could be seen as the weaknesses of the current ratings measurement system?